Conor McGregor Blasts Anthony Smith, Netflix Doc Hints


Conor McGregor, UFC 264 press conference
Conor McGregor, UFC 264 press conference Credit: Gabriel Gonzalez/Cageside Press

Conor McGregor has fired back at fellow UFC athlete Anthony Smith – and also revealed a four-part Netflix documentary will accompany his return to action next year.

Smith previously suggested that McGregor’s absence from the USADA testing panel was due to the use of performance-enhancing drugs. “He got out of the USADA pool. There’s only one reason to do it. He looks freaked out,” Smith recently told MMA Junkie.

McGregor has now fired back, part of a long series of messages the Irish star posted on social media on Saturday.

“This rat spoke to Weidman, who suffered the same horrific injury and still has severe complications, is concerned that I was able to heal/return to a normal lifestyle. He, like many other rats in my game, would be happier if I couldn’t play with my kids the same way again,” McGregor stated in a terse response. “The audacity of that loser! [Anthony Smith] you are a loser The percentage of bones that fuse back together after a break like this is so low. Do you think I care about anything else? I am the most tested fighter of all time in combat sports. I give everything to this game. You – nothing!’

See also  Molly McCann reveals the advice Conor McGregor gave her on dealing with fame

McGregor then pointed to Smith’s recent leg injury suffered in a loss to Magomed Ankalaev last July at UFC 277. “I thought he broke his own leg in his last fight, you little fool. Human shame! Keep my name out of your fucking mouth. P*ck.”

Regarding his withdrawal from the USADA testing pool, McGregor clarified that “everything was fully disclosed before I began. The state of athletes’ ability to recover from injuries as horrific as the one I overcame must be assessed. My thoughts are with Weidman and Silva. The three of us and only we know the severity of this trauma.

In response to a question from a fan about his injury, McGregor shared more details about the extent of the damage, some of which occurred before his July 2021 fight with Dustin Poirier — and also hinted at an upcoming Netflix doc. “I crushed the metatarsal bones in my foot three weeks before the Khabib fight and still managed to walk. Not all injuries are the same. You’ll see everything on Netflix. When a serious injury happens with a high rate of never recovering, it’s just not the same.”

He would later confirm that the plan for the Netflix endeavor was to have a four-part series. “Serial. 4 part. I just finished production on the first episode,” McGregor said. “It’s riveting.”

He later announced that “this documentary will be released before my next fight, episode 1 of 4. And the full four will be released before my Hollywood debut in the infamous ‘Roadhouse.’ You’re about to see what’s here. And it’s not free.”

McGregor recently hinted that he will return to the USADA testing pool in February with a view to lining up his comeback fight next year.

See also  Naledi Pandor notes the visit of Anthony Blinken

Leave a Comment

Partners : nationalnews.my.id