Modestas Bukauskas returns to the UFC.
Bukauskas (13-5), who was briefly released from the promotion and later appeared under the Cage Warriors banner, will return at UFC 284 next month, where he will face Tyson Pedro (9-3).
Iridium Sports Agencywho represent Bukauskas, announced the booking on Wednesday.
The Lithuanian-born Brit, known as “The Baltic Gladiator,” went 1-3 in the Octagon from 2020-21 after winning the Cage Warriors Light Heavyweight Championship in 2019. He won the same title again after his release from the UFC and has finished 2-0 since its relegation.
Pedro returned to action in 2022 after a multi-year hiatus, winning both of his fights. Most recently, he stopped Harry Hunsucker at UFC 278, setting up the finish with a body kick.
The Australian will fight at home at UFC 284 and was originally booked against Zhang Mingyang.
UFC 284 takes place at the RAC Arena in Perth, Australia on February 11, 2023 (February 12 local time). The card is headlined by featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski, who will head north at lightweight in search of a second title against Islam Makhachev.
The following matches have been reported for the event so far:
- Islam Makhachev (c) vs. Alexander Volkanovski – for the UFC Lightweight Championship
- Yair Rodriguez vs. Josh Emmett – for the vacant UFC interim featherweight title
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. Randy Brown
- Justin Taffa vs. Parker Porter
- Jimmy Crute vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Joshua Coulibao vs. Melsik Baghdasarian
- Shannon Ross vs Claydson Rodriguez
- Jamie Mularkey vs. Francisco Prado
- Jack Jenkins vs. Don Shainis
- Junior Tafa vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta
- Loma Lookboonmee vs. Elise Reed
- Shane Young vs. Blake Bilder
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Elves Brenner
- Tyson Pedro vs. Modestas Bukauskas